What You Can Do
As an individual, there are simple steps you can take to protect yourself in the workplace.
- 1 Do not sign any employment documents unless and until you understand them fully
- 2 Retain all documents relating to your employment relationship, particularly those dealing with your compensation, your performance, and any disciplinary actions
- 3 Document any incidents that concern you
Keep in mind that most employment claims are subject to strict filing deadlines. If you require legal assistance or just have a question about your rights, you should contact an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible.
The following links may assist you to learn about your rights in the workplace.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
- Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
- Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Workplace Fairness